1. MSA applications are online and will be open Nov. 1, 2018. Please complete ALL required forms, including:
•ONE: Complete ONE Student Information form per student. Your application is not complete without this form. Please submit this form only once; do not submit multiple copies.
• TWO: Complete at least ONE Program Application form for the arts discipline (MSA program) the student would like to attend. A student may apply for admission to maximum of three MSA programs.
Please do not submit more than one Student Information Form.
2. FINAL APPLICATION DATE: Tuesday, January 10, 2019, unless otherwise specified.
3. AUDITIONS & PORTFOLIO INTEREVIEWS: February 2-3, 2019, exception Theatre Arts, which will hold auditions on February 9-10. Applicants will be contacted by the MSA program(s) they applied to in order to schedule their audition. Visit the Audition and Portfolio Requirements page for more information about each program’s audition process.
4. FINAL AUDITION DATE: Monday, February 4, 2019
5. NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION STATUS BEGINS: February 20, 2019
6. LETTERS OF INTENT MUST BE RETURNED TO MSA BY: Friday, March 4, 2019
For additional information or questions contact: MSA Office Manager Terrie Baum at Marin School of the Arts, 625 Arthur, Novato, CA 94947.
Phone: (415) 892-7915 or email: MSA@nusd.org
MSA Family Tour Days
MSA offers Family Tour Days to give prospective students and their parents a chance to experience all that MSA has to offer. Tours are held from 9:00am —1pm and begin in the Novato High School Library with a brief information session with MSA and NHS administrators followed by a tour of MSA classes in session. Reservations are required to attend a Family Tour Day.
MSA Student Shadow Days
Prospective students who would like a more in-depth experience in their MSA program of interest may request a Student Shadow Day after attending an MSA Family Tour. During Student Shadow Day, prospective students are matched with current MSA students based on their area of interest. Parents do not attend Student Shadow Days.
The Student Shadow Day schedule will be available soon.
For additional information about MSA programs please visit our MSA Programs section or email MSA Office Manager Terri Baum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I submit another program application at a later date?
We are currently only able accept additional program application forms for applicants who selected a program on their Student Information Form but neglected to the submit the program application. (See above).
Where is the Product Design Application?
At this time, MSA is unable to offer new applications to the Product Design Program due to space constraints in the Design Center at Novato High School and the inception of the NBI program. Please visit our Product Design Program page for more information.
Can I make changes to previously submitted forms?
Yes. Please contact our systems administrator Karen Vais for assistance.