1. MSA applications are now available online Please complete ALL required forms, including:
STEP ONE: Click the link below to complete the Student Information form (one per student). Your application is not complete without this form. Please submit this form only once; do not submit multiple copies.
STUDENT INFORMATION FORM
STEP TWO: Once the Student Information Form is received you will receive a link to the program applications. A student may apply for admission to maximum of three MSA programs.
2. FINAL APPLICATION DATE: Thursday, January 10, 2019, unless otherwise specified.
3. AUDITIONS & PORTFOLIO INTERVIEWS: February 2-3, 2019, exception Theatre Arts, which will hold auditions on February 9-10. Applicants will be contacted to schedule audition(s). Visit the Audition and Portfolio Requirements page for more information about each program’s audition process.
4. FINAL AUDITION DATE: Sunday, February 4, 2019
5. NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION STATUS BEGINS: February 20, 2019
6. LETTERS OF INTENT MUST BE RETURNED TO MSA BY: Monday, March 4, 2019
For additional information or questions contact: MSA Office Manager Terrie Baum at Marin School of the Arts, 625 Arthur, Novato, CA 94947.
Phone: (415) 798-5063 or email: MSA@nusd.org
MSA Family Tour Days
MSA offers Family Tour Days to give prospective students and their parents a chance to experience all that MSA has to offer. Tours are held from 9:00am —1pm and begin in the Novato High School Library with a brief information session with MSA and NHS administrators followed by a tour of MSA classes in session. Reservations are required to attend a Family Tour Day.
MSA Student Shadow Days
Prospective students who would like a more in-depth experience in their MSA program of interest may request a Student Shadow Day after attending an MSA Family Tour. Parents will receive an email following their tour to set up a potential Shadow Day. During Student Shadow Day, prospective students are matched with current MSA students based on their area of interest. Parents do not attend Student Shadow Days.
For additional information about MSA programs please visit our MSA Programs section or email MSA Office Manager Terrie Baum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I submit another program application at a later date?
We are currently only able accept additional program application forms for applicants who selected a program on their Student Information Form but neglected to the submit the program application. (See above).
Can I apply to Product Design?
YES! Product Design is now open approved for new applications beginning 2019-20 school year. Please follow the regular application procedure for that program if you have an interest.
Can I make changes to previously submitted forms?
Yes. Please contact our systems administrator Karen Vais for assistance.