Prepare to perform two contrasting, memorized, monologues, each of one minute or slightly less. Examples of contrasting monologues include: one classical and one modern, one serious and one comical, etc. Try to avoid dialects and accents. Find something that shows who YOU are.
- Students must know the author of the monologue.
- Students need to have read the whole play in order to understand the character and scene they are performing.
- Please do not over rehearse.
Deadline for Submissions:
Bring above work to audition. Please do not submit your work prior to your audition.
1. All applicants will participate in a mandatory two-hour theatre workshop (at no charge) with other applicants, MSA students and program staff on the morning of their individual audition date.
2. Perform two monologues.
3. Applicants may also be asked to read cold from a script provided at the audition.
Please contact Mr. Franz with any questions or for assistance.