1. Please submit a 2-6 page sample of your writing. Your writing sample can be one longer piece or a combination of shorter pieces that you feel best represents you. The samples can be complete or incomplete and can be in any writing genre or format (short story, poetry, song lyrics, scripts, personal essay, or anything you think is suitable).
2. Please provide a statement of purpose of 2 pages or less (typed) that briefly tells us who you are, what you hope to gain from the Creative Writing Program, and what you have read or watched lately that has been inspirational or interesting to you as a writer.
Deadline for Submissions:
The Creative Writing program would like to receive your portfolio 7 days prior to your audition date in order to review it and be more prepared for your audition/interview.
You may upload your portfolio, with a link provided from your audition date, along with your Creative Writing application or you may mail or deliver to: Marin School of the Arts, C/O Rebecca Pollack 625 Arthur, Novato, CA 94947
Please provide a self-addressed, stamped 11 x 14 envelope if you would like your writing samples returned to you.
1. Creative Writing Portfolio – submitted before audition (see above)
2. Interview – a short conversation with Ms. Pollack and current students in the program
3. Writing prompt – a 20-minute prompt based on a selection of images