As you know or may have heard, the MSA Foundation, a group of MSA parent volunteers (supported by a small staff), raises funds to cover the gap between our district funding and what it costs to actually run an award-winning arts program.
Your students receive a college-level arts education from world-class teachers and guest teaching artists, and parents play an active role, which makes the students’ experience all the more fulfilling and rewarding. MSA relies both on parent volunteers and financial support from families to provide this unique experience in a public high school setting.
What does your donation of any size do for our programs?
Whether your family can give $20, $500, or $1,000*, your contribution helps with the costs of…
- Experiences with professional filmmakers, industry leaders, writers, musicians, artists, vocal coaches, dance instructors, choreographers
- State-of-the-art equipment, tools, technology, hardware and software
- Set design, costumes, props, lighting, sound equipment, print and promotional collateral
- Festival fees, performance opportunities, field trips and travel expenses
- Instruments, canvasses, clay, materials and supplies, and the list goes on
Raising $500,000 per year is only possible because of your generosity and steadfast support. We aim for 100% participation and any level of giving is greatly appreciated. Why 100%? When the Foundation looks for grants and outside funding, the more participation we can show, the better chances of us getting support from other organizations, which will help us continue to grow this amazing program for all our students.
P.S. Don’t miss your chance to be one of the first 100 people to donate and receive your very own limited-edition MSA Sports Umbrella. ☔
P.P.S. Don’t forget to meet us and connect with your neighbors at one of the last two Back-to-School Get Togethers—South Marin and San Rafael on Saturday and Novato on Sunday!
*We recommend each family contribute $1,000 per year or a recurring monthly contribution of $80 but understand if this is not in your family’s budget. Your employer’s matching gift program could double your impact!