Happy Wednesday, Dear MSA Communities,
Returning from mid-winter break, we are full steam ahead with many school, MSA, and community events including the following:
- Young Frankenstein, the musical launches this weekend and next – a MUST SEE event with the bonus opportunity to see a sneak peek of the Words and Images gallery collaboration between Photography and Creative Writing
- NHS Celebrates International Women’s History Day Tuesday, March 8 with Brie Mathers with Love the Skin You’re In – a 90-minute assembly that will bond female self-identified students in focus programs and classes in an impactful conversation about body positivity, looks-based competition, racial representation, and the enduring power of sisterhood.
- MSA Wind Ensemble students take on the SSU Music Festival next week on Thurs, March 10th
- All NHS juniors take the California State Standards Proficiency Tests on Tuesday, March 15 and Wednesday, March 16. MSA students often do really well on this state exam and strong scores help fortify our school’s reputation with colleges. If you have a junior, please hype it up
- MSA parent Christa Santangelo is offering a parent talk on March 15th in the C4A: Post Pandemic Parenting: Strategies to Empower You and Your Teen in Times of Prolonged Uncertainty addressing topics she writes about in her awesome new book: A New Theory of Teenagers: Seven Transformational Strategies to Empower You and Your Teen. Free! RSVP for the talk here
What vibrant (and BUSY) Hornets we are. Hope to see you in person soon. And thank you for all the ways you support students, teachers, and each other.
Warmly, Michelle Cortez
MSA Director/NHS Assistant Principal